# Positions Available 4
Min. Guaranteed hours32
Overtime offered Yes
Housing Employer provided
Winnetu is nestled into a quaint corner on the island of Martha’s Vineyard where farmland meets the dunes of South Beach. Miles of shoreline bordering Katama Bay and the Atlantic Ocean are just out our front door.
This old-school New England island has become the favourite retreat of US presidents, playwrights and pop stars alike, and it isn’t hard to see why. It’s a haven of peace and privacy, with white-sand beaches, pretty towns and great places to eat and drink, says Jay Parini
Martha’s Vineyard is about the changing relationship of sea and sky, and it’s a dynamic thing, always shifting. I think that’s what attracts so many. It’s why I live here,’ says Tony Balis, a writer and self-described ‘dreamer’ who heads the Humanity Initiative in Vineyard Haven. It has been his home year-round for 16 years, although he has been coming to the island in summer for half a century. ‘There is a deep sense of calm here,’ he adds. ‘I think that’s because of the six miles that separate us from the mainland. The journey, however brief, enforces a shift of consciousness. The pace of life alters when you step off the ferry.’
For whatever reason, I’ve always had a peculiar love of islands and have been especially drawn to those with rich histories and vivid settings. Martha’s Vineyard has everything I could wish for, and I’ve returned at intervals for four decades. For me, it’s an island that mixes memory and desire, as TS Eliot might have said.
Server Level I is an entry level position and has responsibilities including but not limited to taking food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages and to serve food to the guest according to the resorts food and beverage specifications, courteously and efficiently. Assist with the maintenance and cleaning of the restaurant area and equipment and providing the highest levels of service and professionalism. Perform all duties and adhere to the Food & Beverage Service Standards.
- Knowledge of Food & Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, service techniques, and guest interaction
- Be familiar with all the resorts services/features and local attractions in order to assist the guest
- Greets all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness and maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Anticipate the guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests; resolve guests’ complaints and ensure guest satisfaction
- Take guest food & beverage orders utilizing suggestive up-selling techniques
- Answers guest questions about food, beverages, and our facilities accurately and in a friendly manner
- Provides the highest level of service in accordance with our standards
We offer subsidized housing for employees, opportunities for advancement, benefits and a hard-working, family-friendly environment.