# Positions Available 6
Min. Guaranteed hours32
Overtime offered Yes
Housing Employer provided
Lutsen Mountains is a ski and summer resort in the Midwest of the United States, in North Eastern Minnesota. In Winter, you can find us busy with our ski resort that is home to 95 runs on 4 mountains. In the Summer time, we offer rides on our Alpine Slide along with our 8-passenger Gondola as well as offer daily food services for our guests. To learn more about us visit www.lutsen.com
The Ride Operator position is responsible for the operation of our Alpine Slide and Summit Express Gondola.
- Provide a friendly greeting to guests.
- Ensures safe loading and unloading of guests when boarding the lift.
- Runs, starts, and stops the lift when necessary.
- Loads and unloads alpine sleds onto and off of the chair lift.
- Works either at the top or bottom of the lift.
- Helps direct guests to appropriate areas.
- Assists guests with carrying sleds if needed.
- Dries the slide after dew, rain, or frost.
- May be asked to assist with ticket sales.
- May be asked to assist with breaks.
- Helps to maintain the area around the Alpine Slide and Gondola including garbage pickup, sweeping, grounds work, brochure and supply restocking, and other
- items instructed by management.
- Employee should be able to work around crowds of guests including children and families.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to provide consistently friendly and efficient service to our guests
- Must know and support Lutsen Mountains mission and guiding principles
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must have appropriate outdoor wear and be in compliance with uniform standards
- Must demonstrate a focus on safe operations of lifts while consistently greeting and promoting a positive guest experience
- Ability to problem solve according to guest demands and company policies
- Must be resourceful in finding answers to guest questions
- Must be dependable and able to work as a team
- Must use time efficiently; works quickly
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilites are covered when absent
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize daily tasks
NOTE: Physically Demanding position
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Routine exposure to inclement weather and outdoor elements (rain, sleet, wind, etc…) during the course of the day.
Constant walking through resort facilities, up/downstairs and frequent standing
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs regularly and lift and/or move up to 100+ lbs on an occasional basis
Housing is provided by employer
Various shared apartment options (there are multiple units of each option) both on and offsite at one of the below listed addresses:
•2 bedrooms; 2 tenants/room, up to 4 per unit with shared kitchen, bathroom and common space.
•3 bedrooms; 2 tenants/room, up to 6 per unit with shared kitchen, 2 bathrooms and common space.
•4 bedrooms; 2 tenants/room, up to 8 per unit with shared kitchen, 2 bathrooms and common space.
*Washer and dryer are available at all options. Utilities are included.
The Lutsen-Tofte area offers a variety of outdoor activities among the trees. This is a ski-resort area in the Midwest that offers outdoor activities for all seasons, shopping and State Parks.