# Positions Available 40
Min. Guaranteed hours32
Overtime offered No
Housing Leads will be provided
Job Start Date March
Open Water Lifeguard – Will be responsible for water surveillance of beach to ensure safety, administer First aid and CPR when needed, enforce beach rules, give tourist information, and keep general maintenance of work site.
Discover Texas: culturally rich and diverse cities
- Man lifeguard tower when scheduled
- Able to access and utilize emergency rescue equipment
- Administer emergency medical care, first aid and CPR as required
- Act as first responder in an emergency situation on land or in water including extended search and rescue
- Operate radio equipment for emergency responsive communications
- Remove hazardous obstacles from water
- Enforce beach ordinances to maintain public safety
- Document and perform computer operations as required
- Abide by all written Galveston Beach Patrol policies and procedures as per the training manual including dress code and hydration procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisory staff.
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS SWIMMING TEST: 500M UNDER 10 MINUTES
- Candidate must submit a video swimming 500 meters in 10 min or less to be approved for the position/to come train
- Candidate must provide doctor’s note proving acceptable hearing & vision to perform as a lifeguard. Candidate is responsible for cost of doctor’s appointment (in the USA it may be $50-$100 or more)
- Candidate must also pass a urine drug screen & background check upon arrival
- Candidate must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions. Typically bright sun and very hot (95-101F at hottest point of day). Must be able to stand/walk for majority of shift (with some breaks).
- March 13th, May 15th , June 21st
- $7.25 during training, aprox 2 weeks, then $12.45
- Housing is Candidate Arranged.
Prior to arrival your, must locate/secure your own housing for the duration of the contract.
Housing leads provided by The Work Nomads prior to arrival.