About Milagros Martinez Stordeur
I am 18+ years of age Yes
2018 - 2020
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
• Received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a Minor in History • GPA: 3.93 • Activities and Societies: Undergraduate Students Association Council, Transfer Leadership Coalition, Transfer Center Volunteer, New Student and Transition Programs, Tau Sigma National Honor Society, Bruin Resource Center
2016 - 2018
Moorpark Community College
• Received 5 Associate Degrees in Political Science, History, General Studies, Social and Behavioral Science, and Liberal Studies • GPA: 4.0 • Activities and Societies: Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
2020 - 2020
UCLA Bruin Resource Center (BRC)
• Screened all incoming phone calls, emails, and in-person questions and answered students’ concerns in a diplomatic manner. • Referred and informed a focused and diverse community of students to the appropriate services provided by the BRC. • Supported program directors and staff by accomplishing any necessary tasks delegated with minimal direction.
2019 - 2020
UCLA Undergraduate Student Association Council (USAC)
• Worked alongside other UCLA entities to institutionalize Transfer Lobby Day resulting in greater access for student advocacy. • Represented the UCLA transfer community at the UC-level to champion for UC-wide transfer representation. • Oversaw a 6-person committee and ensured each member accomplished their mandated tasks.
2019 - 2019
UCLA Political Science Department
• Managed and graded over 120 students\' assignments and exams in correlation with the professor\'s guidelines and expectations. • Proctored exams and supervised classroom in the event of the professor\'s absence.
2019 - 2020
UCLA New Student and Transition Programs
• Received +200 hours of academic training on behalf of the College in first year and transfer enrollment for their first quarter. • Advised +250 new students on UCLA degree requirements while connecting them to campus resources and partners. • Facilitated group discussions on topics ranging from the academic environment, student diversity, and services at UCLA. • Maintained college counselor notes, transcript coordination, and running and auditing degree reports in an orderly manner.
2018 - 2019
ASUCLA Textbook Store
• Contacted administrators and management to relay information on tracking and textbook updates. • Called vendors to maintain the status of purchase orders and inquire about textbook information requested by professors. • Accurately maintained detailed records, generated reports, and scanned and filed documents in an orderly manner.
2017 - 2018
El Camino Real Charter High School
• Provided instruction to 18 ESL high school students while working with a diverse student population and faculty. • Educated +300 students on community college requirements and UC policies through presentations. • Created a supportive, college-bound environment through weekly individualized meetings aligning with the students’ needs.
2017 - 2018
King’s Fish House
• Answered 100+ phone calls a night and resolved guest’s concerns, questions, and complaints. • Coordinated logistics of dining room set-up, coordinated reservations to guest’s preference, and arranged events. • Greeted 200+ guests a night to ensure exceptional customer service.
2016 - 2017
• Provided exceptional customer service by taking orders and making smoothies according to guests\' preference. • Operated POS cash register and handled 200+ transactions daily.
2015 - 2016
• Delivered friendly and efficient customer service through bussing, serving, food running, take-out, and register positions. • Performed tasks in a fast-paced environment.